Tuesday 22 October 2013

Celebrity relationships series...some do know how to keep it together.


  • Jennifer Garner & Ben Affleck:
Married for 7 years, Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck seem like one of the happiest couples in Hollywood with their three children: daughters Violet, nearly 7, and Seraphina, nearly 4, and 9-month-old son Samuel.
The Garflecks, who wed in June 2005, seem like the perfect match.
“Jennifer played such a profound role in making me a better person,” Ben said. “We don’t have a perfect marriage, but she inspired me; and finding myself in that marriage and having a child dovetailed with getting to be a little more mature.” He added of his wife, “She truly is kind. She means no one any harm. She doesn’t have ill will for any person. She’s not competitive with other people. She’s not spiteful. It’s one of those things where it becomes almost aggravating at times. Every time I go, ‘F— him!’ I see in her face that she just thinks that’s petty and small.”
  • Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale:
Rockstar couple Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale have been married for 10 years and appear to have the perfect family-of-four with their two sons Kingston, 6, and Zuma, 4.
After celebrating their 2002 wedding with three ceremonies, the No Doubt frontwoman recently said marriage can be hard, but a dream come true.
“My biggest accomplishment is my marriage so far,” Gwen said. “Because it’s hard, everyone knows it’s hard. [Marriage] is something that I always wanted to do successfully. It was a dream of mine. I like the official-ness and the family-ness of it all, having the same name and making decisions together.”
She went on to say they are closer than ever after a decade together.
“[Our relationship] is better than it’s ever been. Like, we’re learning about each other all the time. He’s an amazing dad, he works so hard – I can hear him writing songs through the wall, and it is at a much quicker pace than me! He balances me out. And he – he never stops liking me, which is awesome! It makes me feel happy, that someone likes me as much as he does.”
  • Sarah Jessica Parker & Matthew Broderick:
Sarah Jessica Parker married Matthew Broderick in 1997 in a simple black dress. Fifteen years after their wedding day, the couple have three children – son James Wilkie, 9, and 3-year-old twin daughters Tabitha and Loretta – and plenty of life lessons along the way.
“Kids can really distract you from your relationship,” SJP admitted. “Maybe in good ways and bad ways. It’s important to have all eyes on all parts of the relationship. It’s something you really have to pay attention to. But you figure it out.”
The high profile couple have been together a long time – especially by Hollywood’s standards – but the Sex and the City star admits they’ve had their ups and downs. “We’ve been together for 20 years and you have good days, you have decent days, and you have bad days. That’s a marriage,” she said.
“He does lots in the house,” she continued. “He shops for me a lot and he cooks for all of us. There are a lot of things he does better than I do, so it balances itself out. I don’t feel taken advantage of. We take care of each other.”
  • Faith Hill & Tim McGraw:
The country superstars that tour together, stay together. So it seems for power couple Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, whom are well known for their critically acclaimed Soul2Soul tours.
After meeting in spring 1996 during the Spontaneous Combustion Tour, the country crooners were wed within a few months. They have welcomed three daughters during their 16-year union: Gracie, 15, Maggie, 14, and Audrey, 11.
“I think we have a lot of respect for one another. We have a good time. We are friends – we like each other. It’s as simple as that,” Faith shared. “And don’t take everything so seriously. Enjoy life. We have our health and our kids are healthy.”
Tim added, “And I say ‘yes ma’am’ a lot.”

No comments:

Post a Comment